2 Easy Ways To Make Iced Tea
To make the best iced tea, you must start with loose leaf Koni Tea and good water. Here are two easy methods to brew your tea at home:
1. Boil water.
2. Place 7 tsp of your favorite Koni Tea in a Koni 5 Cup Teapot infuser.
3. Pour hot water over the tea, filling up half of the teapot.
4. Steep for 5 minutes.
5. Add cold filtered water to the top of the teapot.
6. Remove the tea filter.
7. Pour your tea over a glass filled with ice.
1. Boil water.
2. Place 7 tsp of loose leaf Koni Tea in the middle of a square piece of cheesecloth. Tie with string.
3. Place the teabag into a large pitcher.
4. Fill half of the pitcher with the boiling water. Let it steep for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the teabag.
6. Add sweetener if desired.
7. Add chilled filtered water to the rest of the pitcher.
Recipe 1: KONI Mighty Athena green tea with strawberries and mint
• Simple syrup on hand (1 cup hot water; 2 cups granulated sugar or 2 tsp of Stevia)
• 4 tablespoons KONI Mighty Athena Green Tea
• 5 cups of steaming hot water
• 5 cups of cold, filtered water
• 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 bottle chilled ginger ale
• Handful of quartered strawberries and mint sprigs for garnish
To make simple syrup: In a small, sturdy saucepan, simmer syrup of 1 cup of hot water with 2 cups granulated sugar until dissolved, about 10 minutes; cool.
Use Method 2 above to create large teabag containing 4 tablespoons of KONI Mighty Athena tea. Add in 5 cups steaming hot water and steep for 5 minutes. Remove the teabag. Add the cold water.
Crush mint sprigs, fresh ginger and 1/4 cup simple syrup in large glass pitcher or punch bowl. Add ginger ale and brewed Koni Tea. Garnish with mint and a handful of quartered strawberries or any seasonal fresh fruit. Taste and adjust with simple sugar and serve over ice.
Click on the image below for more Koni iced tea recipes.