3 Day Detox With Healthy Food – Day 1
I love to eat so it is very important to cleanse my body a few times a year to remove the toxins. Plus I really like the way it makes me feel – light, happy, and clean! I’ve done the 12 day master cleanse and a juice and tea cleanse, but my favorite is a cleanse that includes healthy food. If you want to do the intense 12 day cleanse, where you stop eating for 12 days, I recommend doing this first, then the juice and tea cleanse, then build up to the master cleanse. Your body will adjust so much better and you won’t have as many withdrawal symptoms. Here are some immediate benefits you will see from my 3 day cleanse:
- Radiant, glowing skin – The cleanliness and health of your insides will show through your skin.
- Lose a few pounds.
- Your kidneys, liver and colon will be better able to eliminate toxins out of your body quicker, resulting in less toxic build up.
- Strengthen your immune system so it can shield you from disease.
- Get rid of free radicals and toxins from the body and cleanse the intestine tract and blood.
Let’s get started!
Pre-cleanse the night before – Drink 2 glasses of Koni Holy Detox Herbal Tea with lemon at bedtime. Tulsi basil, the main ingredient found in Holy Detox, is a powerful herb that purifies the blood and detoxifies the body.
Day 1: Upon waking up – drink 1-2 glasses of Koni Holy Detox with one lemon squeezed. This will flush bad stuff through your stool, urine, and sweat. Lemon juice at the start of the day detoxifies the body and improves metabolism. Tulsi basil, the main ingredient found in Koni Holy Detox, is a powerful herb that purifies the blood and detoxifies the body.
Day 1: Breakfast – Wheat-free muesli with blueberries, a cup of yogurt, and a Strawberry Sunrise smoothie.
Muesli: This delicious detox fruit muesli will give you energy throughout the morning. Packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 nuts this delicious blend will aid your body to a gentle cleansing. Because it is wheat-free, it will help to give your digestive system a bit of a break. Yogurt contains friendly bacteria beneficial to your digestive tract. They also help activate the vitamins in the food that moves through your system and breaks down toxins. These bacteria overwhelm the bad bacteria in your intestines and colon, and facilitate your cleansing process.
- Combine 2 cups of wheat-free muesli with 1/4 cup of blueberries and a cup of yogurt.
Strawberry Sunrise Smoothie: The licorice root in Koni Hangover Tonic is good for cleansing the liver, while the cilantro in particular is thought to help draw heavy metals out of the body. This detox smoothie is loaded with vitamins, phytonutrients (such as chlorophyll) and fiber. It tastes great and it’s also very easy to make since all you’ll need is a blender.
- 1.5 Cups of chilled Koni Hangover Tonic Mate Tea
- 3 Cups or handfuls of spinach
- 2 Large stalks of celery
- 2 Apples, cored and chopped
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Bunch of cilantro (may double the parsley if you don’t like cilantro)
- Juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
- 3 Cups of strawberries and blueberries mixed
- Combine everything in a blender and mix on high.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
Day 1: Lunch – Grilled salmon with mushrooms and watercress and 2 cups of Koni Slimming Goddess Oolong Tea.
Watercress is rich in antioxidants and is great for preventing cancer. It’s also very good at detoxifying free radicals that the human body acquires over time.
Mushrooms are ideal food for people striving to shed their extra weight. Mushrooms have no cholesterol and insignificant amount of fat and sodium. Mushrooms comprise about eighty to ninety percent of water, and eight to ten percent of fiber.
Day 1: Workout – KenpoX, a 90 minutes program of punching, kicking, lunging, and twisting your way into a sweat. I also did all the core workouts in Ab RipperX…that’s 349 abdominal exercises. This will kick my detox into high gear.
Beetroot is one of the best detoxifying vegetables. It’s packed with nutrients such as sodium, vitamins A and C, biotin, calcium, iron, magnesium, folic acid, phosphorus, and potassium to name a few. It also contains something called glycine betaine, this is a chemical compound that was found in sugar beets in the 19th century. This chemical has been particularly noted for its ability to stimulate liver cells. This is incredibly important because it is the liver that does the majority of the detoxification process within your entire body and adding beets to your diet helps to support the liver so it can do its job.
- Cook 3 or 4 medium sized red beets with their skins intact and just the tops trimmed off. It takes about 30 minutes for them to be fork tender.
- Once they are cooked, dump them into your sink and give them a bit of a squeeze. The skin will come off easily.
- In a blender, puree approximately 2 cups of diced beets.
- Once they are pureed, add 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of olive oil until they are nice and smooth. Set aside.
To finish your pasta dough you will need: 2 eggs, 3 1/2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place your flour and salt in a large bowl and make a big well in the center. In the well add your eggs, and beet puree.
- Slowly start to beat your eggs, mixing them into your beet puree and then start to gradually pull the flour into your wet ingredients until it has taken on a dough like consistency.
- Now start to work it with your hands. It takes about 10 minutes to get a beautifully soft and silky dough by hand or about 6 minutes if you are using your mixer with the dough hook attachment.
- Once you’ve finished kneading, cover your dough with a greased bowl and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Using your pasta machine work your dough through it, dusting it with flour as necessary and gradually tightening the rollers until you have a really thin dough roughly 3mm thick. For the stuffing I used basil combined with roasted acorn squash.
Stuffing for ravioli: 2 acorn squash and basil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Split the squash in half through the equator and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Set the squash halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- With a brush or a spoon coat the cut sides of each squash half with olive oil and put 2 basil leaves on top of each. Bake until tender, 30 to 35 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with any remaining olive oil.
- Spoon out one half of the acorn squash for the filling. Dice up the other half and reserve them in a bowl with 2 sliced pears that have been drizzled with lemon.
- After you create the raviolis in your pasta maker and stuff them, bring a large soup pot of salted water to a boil and cook your ravioli for about 10 minutes. Add them to your roasted acorn squash and sliced pears. Drizzle with your lemon herb sauce and enjoy!
Add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tsp of minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup to 1 cup of Koni Slim It Sencha Green Tea in a saucepan; cook over high heat for 2 to 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1/4 cup, stirring frequently. Stir in minced thyme, cut basil, and fresh peppercorn . Spoon sauce over ravioli.
Day 1: Before Bed – 2 cups of Koni Holy Detox tea with lemon.
A healthy lifestyle and diet can help you prevent disease and illnesses. Starting today, detox, get rid of negative energy, any disgusting vices and start living a healthier and happier life! ♥ The Tea Chick