Geisha Blossom Lychee Martini
Health benefits of lychee:
Lychee fruits are low in calories, contains no saturated fats or cholesterol, but rich in dietary fiber which, can be very important for individuals who are concerned about their excess body weight.
Research studies suggest that oligonol, a low molecular weight polyphenol found abundantly in lychee fruit. It helps improve blood flow in organs, reduce weight, and protect skin from harmful UV rays (Takuya Sakurai (Kyorin University, Japan), Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem., 72(2), 463-476, 2008).
Lychee is an excellent source of vitamin C, B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, niacin and folates, and minerals like potassium and copper.
- KONI Geisha Green tea
- 5 cups of steaming hot water
- ice cubes
- canned lychee fruit with syrup
- jasmine flavoring
- orchid or mint leaf
1. Brew a 5 cup pot of KONI Geisha Green tea.
- Use 1 tsp for every cup of steaming hot water = 10 cups of loose leaf tea
- Let it steep for 8-10 minutes
- Remove filter
- Let it cool in the fridge
2. Fill half a glass with ice and a couple canned lychees.
3. Add 2 Tablespoons of lychee syrup
4. Add a drop of jasmine flavoring.
5. Add the chilled Geisha Green tea.
6. Garnish with an orchid.
*** Add your liquor of choice. I like a splash of pear sake with this.