Help Prevent Prostate Cancer with Tea
There has never been a better time to start taking care of your health and “Man of Steel” parts! Research suggests that eating lycopene-rich foods AND green tea may greatly reduce a man’s risk of developing prostate cancer. KONI Tea has made it easy for you to have both with Super Man Green Tea. This delicious blend of premium organic green tea and lycopene rich guava pieces, accented with notes of ripe grapefruit. Men at risk for prostate cancer should thus give serious thought to adding green tea to their diets.
• Over half a million cases of prostate cancer are diagnosed every year world wide. Almost half of those cases will come out of the United States, where 1 in 6 men are at risk of getting prostate cancer.
• While often slow to develop, prostate cancer can be lethal–more than 30,000 US men will die from the disease this year.
• Prostate cancer is the second most commonly diagnosed cancer in men after non-melanoma skin cancer
• Phytochemicals in green tea, called polyphenols, are credited with protecting against cancer, heart disease and aging.
• Around six cups of green tea per day would contain the equivalent amount of polyphenols for individuals to help block the spread of cancer. Other data shows that the phytochemicals in green tea could inhibit the early phases of prostate cancer development. Source: Totalprostate.com
• A supplement containing antioxidants from green tea was 90 percent effective in preventing prostate cancer in men at high risk for the disease (men with the pre-cancerous condition HGPIN) according to a small Italian study. Source: Fightprostatecancer.org
• A study of nearly 50,000 Japanese men aged 40-69 found that those who drank five or more cups of green tea a day reduced their risk of having progressive prostate cancer by half, compared with those who drank a cup or less. Source: The Epidemiology and Prevention Division of the National Cancer Center in Tokyo.
• A cup of green tea may provide 10-40mg of polyphenols and has antioxidant activity greater than a serving of broccoli, spinach, carrots or strawberries. Source: TotalProstate.com
Take responsibility and incorporate minor changes into your lifestyle for healthier living. These are some tools I suggest to help prevent Prostate Cancer:
• Premium Green Tea (EGCG) such as ONO Super Man Organic Green Tea.
• Optimized vitamin D levels
• Increased omega-3 oils
• Regular sun exposure
• Freshly ground flaxseeds
• Vitamin E
• Progesterone cream
• Vegetable juice
• Cutting down sugar
• Normalizing stress
We now know that cleansing of accumulated toxins, including dental and good nutrition such as Dr. Mercola’s Total Health Program, combined with green tea, is a solid prevention program, especially if stress reduction and emotional clearing, such as the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) are part of the program. These are not difficult or expensive and can be achieved by anyone willing to take responsibility and incorporate minor changes into their lifestyle.
Men at risk for prostate cancer should thus give serious thought to adding green tea or green tea supplements to their diets.
If I reached just a dozen men who are now committed to annual prostate screening and early detection, it has been worth the effort.”
By drawing attention to prostate cancer, I’m hoping more men will get prostate checkups and PSA screenings, and that more research will focus on this disease. When was the last time you heard someone talk about prostate cancer?”