The Best Banana Bread Recipe
This is the best banana bread recipe you’ll ever make! Not only is it high in flavor, but this recipe uses stevia and KONI Matcha Green Tea so it’s naturally sweet, low in calories, and high in antioxidants!
Stevia is one of the most beneficial plants on Earth. Stevia has many favorable and exciting health benefits and it is completely non-toxic. The herb is nutrient rich, containing substantial amounts of protein, calcium, and phosphorous, as well as sodium, magnesium, zinc, rutin, vitamin A, vitamin C, and over 100 phytonutrients. As a natural sweetener and flavor enhancer, stevia is very useful for baking and cooking because it is heat stable to 392° Fahrenheit and will not degrade. To learn more about stevia and other sweeteners, please read my blog: http://theteachick.com/2009/01/08/got-a-sweet-tooth/.
Matcha literally means “powdered tea.”
It’s a special type of green tea: a premium, jewel-green powder that is whisked with hot water in a bowl to make a delicious beverage. In addition to providing trace minerals and vitamins (A, B-complex, C, E, and K), matcha is rich in catechin polyphenols – compounds with high antioxidant activity. Matcha contains, by volume, higher concentrations of catechins and vitamins because when you drink matcha you ingest the whole tea leaf.
• 3 to 4 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
• 1/3 cup melted butter
• 3/4 tsp of stevia OR 3/4 cup granulated sugar. A little stevia goes a long way.
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• Pinch of salt
• 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 4 teaspoons Koni premium Matcha Tea
• 1 banana, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
1.Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 4-by-8-inch loaf pan.
2. With a wooden spoon, mix the butter into the mashed bananas in a large bowl. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla. Add the baking soda and salt and mix.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and the Koni Matcha Green Tea powder. Add to the wet mixture.
4. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Line the middle with a row of sliced bananas. Bake for 55 minutes.
5. Variations: Try adding 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts or replacing half of the mashed bananas with freshly diced pineapple!
6. Makes 1 loaf with 16 slices.
Nutrition information per slice: 145 calories, 2 grams protein, 5 grams fat, 24 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 24 milligrams cholesterol, 129 milligrams sodium